Do you seek loyal employees who are leaders, easy to train and show up to work on time, drug-free? Look no further!
Ready to be a Veteran Champion?
Let’s get started.
Are you ready to:
Distinguish your company as “Veteran-Friendly.”
Become a “Veteran-Ready” employer.
Let’s explore how your company can be a part of the win! Obtain a free assessment to ascertain whether your company is “Veteran-Friendly” or moving toward becoming “Veteran- Ready.” Not sure what this means? Click here.
Contact us by clicking, here.
Vanguard Veteran can connect you with the Veteran community. Learn more, here.
Creating a Veteran Hiring Program video.
This course outlines the ways a Veteran hiring program benefits businesses. The three lessons include:
- The Business Case, which presents reasons why hiring a Veteran is good for the company,
- Strategic Recruitment, a discussion on engaging stakeholders and partners within the business to adapt and support Veteran hires, and
- Program Execution, a step-by-step guide for ensuring that the program succeeds in recruiting top talent for vacant positions in the company.
Veteran Hiring Resources:
United States Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS)
Criteria for Department of Labor HireVets Medallion Program
Military.com – Take the Veteran Hiring Pledge
How Companies Can Hire More Veterans
Military Spouse Corporate Career Center Networks
Earn the “Veterans at Work” certificate offered by the Society for Human Resource Management Foundation. Click here to learn more.
You DO NOT need to be a member of SHRM to obtain this certificate.
Matching Military Experience with Civilian Jobs.
O-NET OnLine Military Skills Translator
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Military Tax Credits
- Applications must be submitted to the Ohio WOTC Office within 28 days of the start to work date to meet the timely filing criteria. Don’t miss this tax credit by missing the deadline!
- For More Information, contact the Office of Workforce Development at (614) 644-0966 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the Job Training Apprenticeship Factsheet
- Understanding On the Job Training and Apprenticeship Approval
- For more information, contact the Office of Workforce Development Apprenticeship Program: Mr. Robert O’Keefe at (614) 507-1473 or email@example.com
Department of Labor Hiring Veterans Step by Step Toolkit for Employers
Department Of Veterans Affairs Guide to Hiring Veterans
Society of Human Resource Management: