Veterans are the solution to the talent gap.
Do you want to hire someone:
- You can trust?
- With operational experience?
- Who is willing to take the initiative but fundamentally values teamwork?
- That enjoys a challenge and is an experienced decision-maker?
- Who knows how to use a computer?
- You don’t have to motivate? Is a self-starter!
- Who shows up to work on time, drug-free?
Look no further. Hire-a-Veteran!
98% of employers said that they would hire a Veteran again.
54% of employers indicated Veteran employees perform“much better” compared to non-Veterans
Benefits of hiring Veterans:
- Reduced Training Costs
- Increased Productivity
- Acquisition of Hard and Soft Skillset Employees
- High Cost/Benefit Ratio
Source: 2018 Virginia Values Veterans Employer Training
According to a 2017 survey conducted by the Ohio Department of Education and the Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, a clear disconnect exists between the skills employers value and the skills being addressed in school. View report, here.
Ohio businesses cite the following ‘skills gap’ as barriers to talent acquisition:
- Work ethic
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Creativity & innovation
- Digital technology
- Oral and written communication
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Learning agility
Source: The Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, Ohio’s Workforce Strategy for 2018 and beyond.
A 2016 study done by the Institute of Veteran and Military Families at Syracuse University found that when Veterans were compared to non-Veterans:
- The attrition rate was 7% lower at General Electric
- Work absenteeism at Tri-West was also lower
A 2012 CEB (now Gartner) Corporate Leadership Council survey of more than 200 companies reported:
- Employee turnover rate for Veterans was 13%
- As compared to a 16% turnover rate among all employees
- And 23% amongst new hires
Source: Justin Constantine, From We will to At will, 2018
Why hire a military member and/or Veteran?
“Military service members have received extensive education and skills training in a broad range of areas that directly correlates to private-sector occupations, and as a result of their military experience have gained leadership and management perspectives that are invaluable to today’s employers.”
Source: Ohio Department of Veterans Services Press Release, November 1, 2016. Governor Kasich Recognizes November as Hire-a-Veteran Month.
Ready to be a Veteran Champion?
Everybody can do something. Be a part of the win!
Let’s get started!
Want to hire a military member and/or Veteran? Learn how on the Military-Ready Employer Resource Page. Click here.
Contact us here.