Who will honor today on Veterans Day? Is there a Veteran who influenced your life or career that you would like to celebrate?
For me it is my Father Ralph L. Spaulding, Capt., U.S. Navy, Retired and my mentor 121st Air Refueling Wing, Vice Wing Commander Bob Boggs, Brig. Gen., USAF, Retired. See video below.
How can you be a Veteran Champion today and everyday?
1. Hire a Veteran. A good paying job that brings meaning and purpose to a Veterans’ life will also make your workforce stronger and more productive. Jump-start your Veteran-hiring program, here.
2. Share these career resources with Veteran Job Seekers in your neighborhood and larger community.
3. Start a Military Ministry in your place of worship to foster grassroots support and promote spiritual resiliency. You do not have to be a Veteran, Pastor or Counselor to lead this group. If you would like to learn more, please join us the first Sunday of every month at 7pm EST for the on hour coaching call, Military Ministries Matter. Click here to register.
There is so much more we can do. No action is too small. More ways you can serve as a Veteran champion include:
1. Sign up for Vanguard Veteran’s monthly newsletter to learn about Veteran culture, events and resources.
2. Like Vanguard Veteran on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or subscribe to Vanguard Veteran’s You Tube Channel. Frequent social media posts educate you about challenges Veterans face, Military Culture, Veteran-hiring and retention, Military Ministry and resources to support Veterans.
3. Read “Beyond Thank You For Your Service: The Veteran Champion handbook for civilians.” Click here to get your book today.