Do you seek loyal employees who are leaders, loyal, easy to train and show up to work on time? Look no further!
Ready to be a Veteran Champion?
Let’s get started.
Let’s explore how your company can be a part of the win! Obtain a free assessment to ascertain whether your company is “Veteran-Friendly” or becoming “Veteran- Ready.” Not sure what this means, click here.
Click here to email us.
Benefits of becoming “Veteran-Ready:”
- Strengthens your company’s reputation as civic-minded, patriotic and values-based.
- Enables your company to source and retain employees who are disciplined and loyal leaders.
- Increases visibility, relationships within and access to the Veteran community.
- Brands your organization as a Veteran Champion.
- Veteran Champion Connect membership:
- Resource Directory
- Monthly notifications of regional Veteran community events
- Vanguard Veteran’s monthly newsletter
- Resource Directory:
- National, state and local resources for sourcing prospective Veteran employees
- How to become visible within and support the Veteran community
- Distinguishing your company as Veteran-Friendly via:
- Social media posting
- Connections to the Veteran community
- Veteran-ready employer introduction. (2.5 hours)
- How to screen resumes, interview, and onboard Veterans. (1.5 hours)
- Military sensitivity training. (1.5 hours)
- Move your company from Veteran-Friendly to Veteran- Ready
- Create/refine a Veteran Employee Resource Group
Vanguard Veteran’s White Paper
The Solution to Ohio’s Talent Gap: Hire Veterans. Click here: White Paper_Veteran Hiring
How do I know if my company is “Veteran Ready?” Click here!
This 3-minute video overviews the Veteran Ready Employer Introduction training, explaining how Veterans strengthen the workforce, the benefits of attending the training and the employer services provided by Vanguard Veteran.
Produced by Justin Higgins, Limitless Video Productions.
Course participant feedback:
Melissa Terry, FST Logistics –“The two best takeaways were how to better connect with Veterans and develop procedures to become “Veteran-Ready.”
Doug Hamon, Battelle Employee Resource Group – “A wide range of useful information was provided. There is hiring and recruiting information for both civilian and Veteran teams. We will be sending several of our internal recruiters to future classes to help strengthen our Veteran-hiring practices.”
Mark Osborn, Kokosing Construction Company – “Because of this training, I will engage our current Veteran associates to help us become ‘Veteran-Ready’ and attract other Veterans.”
Josh Fletcher, Crown Lift Trucks – “The best parts of the course were the Veteran-specific interview questions, how to review military resumes and all the resources.”
Sarah Gillman, Buckeye Power Sales – “We need to be more proactive in finding Veteran talent and do more for our current Veteran associates.”
Megan Laughlin, Toyota Material Handling – “I will start looking into visiting military bases and attending other local events to better connect with Veterans.”
Todd Reigle, Equitable Mortgage – “Because of this training, we will come up with a hiring protocol to prove that we are “Veteran-Ready.”
Amber Bates, Recruiter – “I will be more active in finding Veterans for positions versus waiting for them to apply.”
Scott Williams, Business owner – “This course is essentially a field manual for hiring and retaining Veterans.”
November is Hire-A-Veteran month. To learn how to hire Veterans and become a Veteran Champion, review Vanguard Veteran’s November 2018 newsletter. Click here.
Let’s get together to explore how your company can be a part of the win! Contact us by clicking, here.